In less than an hour, you can bake a juicy pork tenderloin that everyone will love. Find out how long pork tenderloin needs to bake at 400, and get our foolproof recipe for perfectly tender pork.
We cook this pork tenderloin dish once a week since it is so simple and delicious. The baked pork chops are delicious and simple to prepare, they go well with a variety of side dishes, including broccoli, sweet potato fries, seasoned rice, and fried okra.
How long to cook pork tenderloin at 400?
The answer to the question “how long to cook pork tenderloin at 400?” depends on how done you like your pork and how big the tenderloin is. At 400, it will take 20 to 25 minutes to cook a pork tenderloin.
- Tenderloin of pork. It’s juicy and soft, and everyone loves it. As you can see from my site’s many recipes, pork tenderloin is a great choice for a lean meal because it goes well with a lot of different tastes and cooking methods.
- Sugar with brown sugar. The browned, “crusty” outside of the pork comes from brown sugar. It also balances out the smoke and spicy tastes with some sweetness. I don’t think honey or maple syrup would work here.
- Ground cumin. Makes it warmer and more earthy.
- Not wet mustard. It’s sour, salty, and a little hot.
- Chipotle Chile Powder and Paprika. Both of these spices are just the right amount of smokey and spicy.
- Olive oil. By adding olive oil, you can cook the pork on the outside while it’s baking.
- Seasonings. Ground mustard, paprika, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper are just a few of the easy spices that can be used to make this mixture. You can use any variety of spices you like.
How to cook pork tenderloin at 400
Step 1: Get the tenderloin ready by trimming off any extra fat and the silver skin, if needed. Use a paper towel to dry it off.
Step 2: Warm the oven up to 400 degrees F. Spray cooking spray that doesn’t stick on a baking dish, and then put the pork in it.
Step 3: Put the brown sugar and spices in a small bowl and mix them together. Spread the oil on the pork, and then spread the spice mix on top of it. It’s important to try to cover the whole steak with the spice mix.
Step 4: Put the pork in an oven that has already been heated up and bake it for 20 minutes. Put a quick read thermometer in the middle part of the meat to check the temperature inside. When it gets to 145 degrees, you can take it out. Add two to five more minutes of cooking if not.
Step 5: put the tenderloin on a cutting board with care. Allow it to rest for 5 to 10 minutes so that it finishes cooking and the juices stay inside. To serve, cut it up with a sharp knife.
How hot should the oven be for pork tenderloin to cook?
There are many temperatures at which you can cook pork tenderloin, but if you cook it at a high one, like 400 degrees, the outside will be very meaty and colorful.
The national pig board says that the best setting for cooking pork tenderloin is 145 degrees Fahrenheit. This makes the meat medium-rare, which means it’s soft and juicy with a little pink in the middle.
Up to 160 degrees is how hot you can cook your pork if you like it a little more medium-well. The National Pork Board says that
How to tell if pork tenderloin is cooked?
Cooking pork tenderloin can be a challenge, especially when you’re trying to determine whether it’s done or not.
To tell if pork tenderloin is cooked, you first need to check its internal temperature using a meat thermometer.
The ideal temperature for pork is 145 degrees Fahrenheit, but you can take it out of the oven once it reaches 140 degrees.
Another way to tell if your pork is ready is by checking its color, which should be light brown and slightly pink.
If it’s white, you’ve overcooked it. If you want your pork tenderloin to be juicy and flavorful, slice it open at the thickest part once it’s done and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
This will allow the juices to settle and make for a mouthwatering, tender and flavorful pork tenderloin. With these tips in mind, you’ll always be able to tell when your pork tenderloin in the oven is ready!
Tips for Storing
- To Keep. You can keep pork in the fridge for up to three days in a sealed container.
- To Warm Up. Warm up leftovers slowly in the oven or a small pan.
- To get cold. For up to three months, you can freeze pork in a container that keeps air out and is safe for freezing. Let it thaw in the fridge overnight before heating it up.
What to Serve with Baked Pork Tenderloin
These are some good sides to go with pork tenderloin.
- Fries with potatoes. A lot of people love baked pork chops and potatoes. Put potatoes in the Instant Pot and mash them. You can also make garlic mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes.
- Fruit salad. It would be great with arugula salad or kale and Brussels sprouts salad.
- Cheese and mac and cheese. A pair that will make everyone at the table happy. Both Gourmet Mac and Cheese and Instant Pot Mac and Cheese would taste great.
- Plant foods. Smashed Brussels sprouts, roasted broccoli, or cauliflower cooked in an air fryer would all go well with this pork.
- Apple butter. It’s always a good idea to serve apple sauce from a crock pot or an Instant Pot.
How do you cover a pork tenderloin in the oven?
No, you don’t need to put foil around your pork tenderloin before putting it in the oven. Leave the pork out in the open to help it cook.
How hot or cold should I cook pork tenderloin?
Pork tenderloin and other lean, thin cuts of meat do best when cooked quickly at a high temperature. For this reason, you wouldn’t want to slow cook pork tenderloin in the oven. If you want to cook a pork tenderloin, I think 400 degrees F is better than 350 degrees F. You could bake it for a few more minutes at 375 degrees F, though, if you need to make room in the oven for other things (350 degrees F or below is dangerous).
Can I just buy a spice rub instead?
We really like this spice rub mix because it has the right amount of sweet, spicy, earthy, and smoky flavors. But you could use a different mix or store-bought spice rub instead. Just keep in mind that most store-bought spice mixes have a lot of sodium in them.
What else can I use instead of canola oil?
You can use another high-heat cooking oil instead of canola oil if you’d rather not. You shouldn’t use olive oil here, but avocado oil would work fine.